What is a PSA tape? PSA stands for (P) pressure (S) sensitive (A) adhesive tape. Pressure sensitive adhesives are self-stick adhesives that do not require solvent, heat, or water activation and no special baking/curing processes. PSA tapes require a simple peel and stick hand pressure installation process. CS Hyde company provides four PSA adhesive options including:
- Rubber adhesives – Hi initial bond strength, indoor use.
- High bond Acrylic– Strong bonding ideal for adhesion to difficult-to-bond, Low Surface Energy surfaces like some plastics, powder-coats, foams, and oily metals. Outdoor use.
- U.V. Resistance
- Water Resistance
- Chemical Resistance- gasoline, oil, Freon™ TF, sodium chloride solution, mild acids and alkali’s.
- Acrylic adhesives – Bond strengthens over time, rated up to 250°F to 350°F, outdoor use.
- Silicone adhesives – intended for clean release applications that withstand high temperatures rated up to 500°F. Indoor use.
CS Hyde Company is also a 3M™ Choice Converter which allows us accommodate specialty adhesives for applications including clarity, dielectric strength, and hard to bond to substrates. Our onsite lamination capabilities enable us to custom manufacture tapes to customer specifications. All tape versions can be supplied in sheets, rolls, or specialty die cut parts. Our PSA tapes can be supplied self wound with no liner or with a peel off kraft or paper liner, we also provide double sided adhesive tapes and zone tapes. We specialize in creating custom tape products to act as insulators, surface protectors, noise dampers, friction reducers, electricity protectors, heat reducers, and static dissipaters. Common substrates we work with include Kapton®, UHMW, Polyester, Nylon, PTFE made with Telfon™ Fluoroplastics, and PTFE Coated Fiberglass.
Specialty Film PSA Tapes: PEEK® Tape, FAT PTFE Tape, PVDFstick®, Nylon 6/6 Tape, Acetal/POM Tape
Why work with us?
- Small woman owned business
- Stock inventory warehouse
- Same day shipping
- Little to no minimum orders
- Custom converting services
- REACH and RoHs compliant
In the packaging industry many applications rely on materials that withstand extreme temperatures, resist friction and include release properties. Fiberglass tapes and fabrics coated with Teflon™ PTFE can be an ideal solution to incorporate these benefits into packaging applications. These products can be applied on heat sealing equipment including commercial bag sealers, L-Bar sealers, or impulse wire sealers as element covers. PTFE Fiberglass tapes can also be used to improve molding applications and fill/form/seal blister packaging.
PTFE (Teflon™) coated fiberglass Tape
The most common tape used for these types of applications is PTFE (Teflon™) coated fiberglass, a woven fiberglass fabric coated with PTFE. This tape can be supplied with silicone or acrylic adhesive. Generally, most applications need silicone adhesive due to its temperature resistance of up to 500°F and its clean release properties for replacement installation. Acrylic adhesive is used for high tack adhesion for stronger hold and has a temperature resistance of -40°F to 375°F. CS Hyde Company offers two different versions of PTFE (Teflon™) coated fiberglass: standard-grade and ultra-premium grade.
- Standard Grade: General Purpose
- Available with or without liner.
- Thicknesses: 3 mil., 5 mil, 6 mil., 10 mil., 14 mil.
- Ultra-premium Grade: Improved base fiberglass and extra coating of PTFE
- Available in thicknesses: 3 mil., 5 mil., 10 mil.
Custom slit widths available. No minimum order quantities.
View PTFE Fiberglass Tapes
PTFE (Teflon™) coated fiberglass Fabric
If an application does not require adhesive, PTFE (Teflon™) coated fiberglass fabric is an ideal alternative. Fabric is commonly used in plastic packaging as a release sheet on welding plates. We offer five different versions: standard grade, ultra-premium grade, mechanical grade, tear & crease resistant and semi porous.
- Standard Grade: General purpose PTFE (Teflon™) coated fiberglass
- Ultra-premium Grade: Higher base fiberglass and extra PTFE coating
- Mechanical Grade: More texture, lighter coating of PTFE
- Tear & Crease Resistant: Resists tearing, folding, or creasing.
- Semi Porous: “Bleeder cloth”, lighter coating of PTFE
Fabrics can be sold by the lineal yard, full log stock, custom sheeted/die cut, or fabricated into belting.
View PTFE Fiberglass Fabrics